Promoting Evidence-Based Policymaking
Our Core Values
Our values drive our work, lie at the heart of all our partnerships, and ensure our work results in meaningful change.
- Co-Learning Partnerships: We develop lasting partnerships that prioritize learning from a variety of experiences and expertise.
- Research Integrity: We are an independent voice; we use honest and verifiable research methods and make results of all approved projects available on our website.
- Solutions-Oriented: We conduct research to solve problems and engage those affected by the problems.
- Accessible Results: We share results in a variety of formats that are targeted to different audiences to support evidence-based decision making.
- No Surprises: We maintain active and open communication with our partners, so they are kept aware of results well in advance of public release.
Establish a joint research agenda
Identify key policy issues our partners face and determine the feasibility of conducting research to address those issues.
Create a data infrastructure
Develop the data infrastructure that allows us to address our partners’ cross-agency questions in a timely fashion.
Conduct rigorous research
Study the impacts of existing policies, evaluate innovative programs, and produce evidence to scale programs and policies that work.
Promote shared information
Provide information that meets people’s needs, including policy briefs, academic research papers, and public presentations.
Increase partner capacity
Facilitate trainings and discussions of research to promote greater use of data.
More About Our Labs
MAPLE partners with five of the six largest school districts in the Atlanta metro area that collectively educate 30 percent of all Georgia’s public school students.
Increasing the safety, education, and economic stability of Georgia’s at-risk children & families through rigorous research and long-term partnerships with state agencies.
CTEx is a multi-state policy lab dedicated to improving the quality of high school Career and Technical Education programs in the US. We work side-by-side with state and local partners to develop data-driven policy recommendations ensuring all students are ready for both college and career.