Please meet us at 100 Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd. NW, Atlanta, GA 30313 to enjoy a complimentary tour of the National Center for Civil and Human Rights.
Enjoy a 20 minute walk across mostly flat terrain to 14 Marietta St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30303. Please be prepared to sign-in with government-issued ID at the security desk upon arrival.
Dan Kreisman, PhD will provide an overview of the meeting and CTEx strategic updates.
Dan Kreisman, PhD, Shaun Dougherty, EdD + Celeste Carruthers, PhD will share findings from a cross-state analysis.
Dan Kreisman, PhD + Thomas Goldring, PhD will present:
- An overview of medium-term outcomes for CTE students
- Effects of earning a CTE credential/certification on college and work
- Effects of a 2016 funding change on CTE participation and learning
Celeste Carruthers, PhD will present:
- Perkins planning in Tennessee
- Why do students choose CTE? Does achievement matter?
- Are CTE students aligned with the local and state labor markets?
Shaun Dougherty, EdD will present:
- An overview of medium-term outcomes for CTE
- Assessing individuals’ economic stability through Massachusetts’ career and technical education
Dan Kreisman, PhD will lead a group discussion on the value of the cross state analysis.
We look forward to seeing you at 6:30 for dinner at Alma Cocina (191 Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA 30303), a 10 minute from the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies or a 1 minute walk from the Ellis Hotel (176 Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30303).
Please let the reservation desk know you are with the Georgia Policy Labs.
Celeste Carruthers, PhD will provide an overview of the day.
Bryan Stuart, PhD will share the proposed evaluation for SkillsRI, a Rhode Island CTE internship program.
Breakout Session Objectives:
- Provide feedback on state specific analyses.
- Discuss structural changes, policy changes, new initiatives, pressing policy concerns, etc.
Massachusetts will meet in AYS 750.
- Walt Ecton – notetaker
Michigan will meet in AYS 749.
- Alfredo Martin – notetaker
Rhode Island will meet in AYS 749.
- Béla Figge – notetaker
Tennessee will meet in AYS 720.
- Jesus Villero – notetaker
Representatives from each breakout will report out and CTEx researchers will offer reflections.
Please use this time for bio-breaks and to grab food in preparation for our working lunch.
Dan Kreisman PhD + Japera Hemming, PhD will lead a group discussion on shared policy priorities, funding opportunities, and desired deliverables for 2020-21 and beyond.
MARTA provides the most direct route to Hartsfield Jackson International Airport.
- Walk 92 ft southeast on Marietta St. toward Peachtree St.
- Make a right on Peachtree St. and walk 0.1 miles to the Five Point Transit Station.
- Take the southbound train (gold or red line) 7 stops to the airport.
Please review the discussion prompts prior to your arrival at the meeting.
We hope these helpful tips will get you to and through your stay in Atlanta.
We are excited to host this year’s conference in Atlanta and hope you’ll visit some of our favorite spots around the city during your stay.